Ethics & Values
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Hiring the right people is the most important decision we make. We hire and retain smart people who are passionate team players.
- We honor commitments and respect our team members by being on time, responding to requests in a timely fashion and delivering quality work.
- We are part of the solution—not part of the problem. We continually seek to improve our individual skills.
- We are driven to deliver results by setting priorities and achieving aggressive goals.
- We treat the dollars we spend as if they were our own.
- We recognize and reward team members for achievement.
- Relentless, continuous improvement for every business process is a key to our success.
Code of Ethics
Letter from the Chairman
To all Tech Data Associates:
Tech Data strives to be an exemplary company in every respect. We provide our partners, vendors and customers with innovative, responsive and cost-effective solutions. We provide financial leadership and fiscal responsibility on behalf of our shareholders. We value your talents and commitment as critical to our success while supporting your personal development. We consider our reputation for integrity and the trust of all vendors and customers, shareholders, and employees as key to our business success.
This reputation and trust depends on each of us making the right ethical decisions every day. It may not always be the easiest or appear to be the most profitable decision … at least in the short term. However, making the right ethical choices is always in the best long-term interests of the company, its business partners, shareholders and employees.
The Code of Ethics is a guide to help all of us make the right decisions. Each employee must read and follow the Code.
Although the appropriate actions to take may not always be readily apparent, you are expected to ask questions when in doubt. There are additional materials and resources available for the complex rules and regulations about which you may have questions.
I am confident that you are fully committed to fostering a workplace environment that accepts nothing less than the highest standards and ongoing trust of everyone engaged in our business. Trust is built each day, one decision, one associate at a time. Thank you for doing your part and always upholding Tech Data’s Code of Ethics.
Steven A. Raymund