Meet Alex Fox
Director, Creative Services
What’s your Tech Data story?
I’ve always been excited by communicating unique stories and simplifying the narrative of brands and products. When it comes to B2B marketing, you can’t be lazy. You really have to truly understand your products, the market environment and customers’ pain points. That’s fundamental to authenticity and efficacy. My experience in B2B marketing and advertising led me to Tech Data. It’s exciting to work for an organization that has the customer focus and data needed to allow me to activate business and our customers’ future.
How would you describe your role at Tech Data Agency?
Deliver innovation, inspire my team, and offer a unique perspective towards marketing challenges and creative communications.
How do you approach your creative projects?
With exceptional care and spirit. I’ve been an entrepreneur, and I apply that spirit to my initiatives. Though technology is critical, it’s important to start the creative process by brainstorming, whiteboarding and sketching … Constructing and/or deconstructing something to get to the core ideas and framework that will be effective. I focus on the intended experience and business outcome, and work backwards from there, gauging alignment throughout development.
Where do you get your ideas?
From everywhere … oftentimes from my environments and experience in video, print, interactive, events, lead generation, marketing automation and social media.
What motivates you?
My end customers, clients, colleagues and staff.
How would you finish these sentences?
• Before coming to Tech Data, I worked on accounts such as: Cartoon Network, Pfizer, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Gardasil, Oreo, Nivea and Hallmark.
• My most unique creative talent is the ability to distill complex stories into an engaging five-second synopsis.
• As a leader at Tech Data Agency, I’m often asked “Why Tech Data Agency?” My simple answer is we provide creative talent, data intelligence and a clear understanding of the technology distribution channel.
• My team knows they can count on me to listen and support their important needs and challenges.
• I love my job because it’s what I was meant to do, and my team inspires me to keep doing more.
• If I wasn’t a marketing professional, I’d most likely be a travel writer.
• My clients probably don’t know I’m a home brewer.
Where are you from?
I moved around a lot as a kid … St. Louis, Chicago, as well as Clearwater, Davenport and Tallahassee, Fla., Atlanta, Ga., and 11 years in NYC—the longest I’ve ever lived in one location! I currently reside in St. Petersburg, Fla. with wife Jessica and daughter Skylar.
Awards and Recognition: Clios, ADDYs, Rx Awards, MM&M Awards and Brandweek magazine
Interests: Kayaking, fishing, landscaping and brewing beer
Guilty of binge watching: Forensic Files and Dateline – I think I was a forensic detective in a past life.
Unforgettable concert experience: When I lived in NYC, I’d check out local jazz jams in Greenwich Village—no one particularly famous—but exceptional concerts with less than 50 seats in the house.